With the many different garage door styles and designs available, you can bet that each door has a unique way of working.
Some doors might only need to be opened by hand every once in a while. In contrast, others may open automatically or even have sensors that trigger certain components to work when they notice motion within a specific range.
There are three main parts to your garage door system:
Tracks are what the door itself slides up and down on while it is opening or closing.
Rollers are used to support the tracks and include wheels that hold the door in place while allowing it to move without obstruction.
Finally, springs work alongside your door’s motor by helping lift heavy steel sections into their open position.
While these sensitive components may not seem like much when working together, each one can be easily damaged with even minimal use.
Without proper maintenance or regular professional services, you risk causing damage or injury due to faulty equipment, which will lead to unnecessary repair costs.
How do I know it’s time for my garage door maintenance and servicing?
Several signs can indicate when it’s time for servicing or maintenance:
- It’s been one year since you last serviced the door. You don’t only have to service your door when it has an issue; do it every once a year.
- The rollers or hinges creak or squeak while opening the doors.
- Parts such as bolts, sensors, or cables are loosening.
- The door doesn’t open or close smoothly.
- There’s an apparent change in the way it sounds.
- You notice damage to the garage door itself.
- The remote control seems to be malfunctioning
- The door won’t automatically close all the way.
Get Experts To Service Your Garage Door in Amarillo, TX
At Tascosa Overhead Door Co, we understand how important it is for homeowners to keep their garage doors secure and fully functional at all times.
That’s why we take pride in providing the best customer service when it comes to fulfilling services related to your electric or manual garage doors.
We also offer quality parts and accessories like new springs, hinges, and handles if yours happen to be malfunctioning.
So, get in touch with us, and let’s give your garage door the tender loving care it deserves.