Are you in the market for a suitable garage door replacement? With winter just around the corner, you might be curious about the energy-efficient options available in the market today.
Why Opt for an energy-efficient Garage door?
As you already know, garage doors cover the largest space of your home’s exterior, which is often not insulated. This only means close to zero energy efficiency.
With a sizable uninsulated space, your garage door will often transfer the cold or warm air (depending on the season) from the garage space into the nearest rooms around the garage space.
This will, in turn, make your heating or cooling system work twice as hard to heat or cool your home.
The bottom line is uninsulated garage doors do have a significant impact on your interior temperatures, and it’s less pretty in the cold winters.
The freezing temperatures can damage your garage door parts, such as the springs and tracks.
And in summer, the heat from the uninsulated garage doors can become hot enough to the point of damaging your garage door, electrical components, even your car.
Still not satisfied if they are worth a shot?
Here are more reasons:
- You get to lower your energy bill by almost 15%, for example, with proper insulation, such as the triple-layer garage door that uses polyurethane insulation
- You have complete control of your home’s temperatures
- Protection against harsh elements, since insulated garage doors have greater structural strength compared to uninsulated ones
- Improved comfort
- Insulated garage doors also offer some degree of soundproofing
- You also get to improve your car’s battery efficiency
On top of it all, there is a large selection of brands, styles, and colors for energy-efficient garage doors, so whether you want to opt for vinyl, fiberglass, or steel, you are sure to get one that fits your home’s style.
Need Garage Door Installation Services in Amarillo, TX, and the surrounding areas?
Our experts at Tascosa Overhead Door Co specialize in high-quality garage door services, including new garage door installation, garage door maintenance, and repair.
Let us handle your energy-efficient garage door installation service.